5 Sept 2012

Wak Caruk Padang (Sik Temple Made in Glass Bottle)

It's the last post of  Hari Raya celebration in Kedah , and I will blog about my dearest mum's 47th birthday tonight or maybe tomorrow morning , so , stay tune :)






Wak Caruk Padang is a new Buddhist temple in Sik , decorated with 15,000 bottles,
The first of its kind in the country, the "bottle" wat, is adorned
with recycled drink bottles of various shapes and sizes, for more
than 9m from the walls to the rooftop.The temple, which belongs to the over 200-year-old Wat Caruk Padang,is located at Pekan Batu Lima in Sik, Kedah.I will write down the coordination on footer :p
Temple committee member Ow Ah Kow said the new wat was built at a
cost of RM200,000, with donations from Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand
and Malaysia.Some 15,000 bottles, donated and bought, were arranged by the
contractors to fit onto the walls and the roof and to harmonise with
the temple architecture.





There have 108 bell inside the Double Storey Clock Tower . They believe , their wishes will achieve and dreams come true when the bell sounded naturally . I didn't take so much photos cos my stupid Canon have some problem , it show me full battery , but it start twinkling and shut down automaticlly after I captured about 10 photos !!Will upload more photos if my hubby finish editing .I'm so sorry :(

The view from Clock Tower 2nd floor ,  have you see something ?
Yeah Yeah ~ a lot of wild ox over there , just behind the temple '0'



I'm so looking forward to the Beris Lake Vaneyard and hope to buy some fresh grape .So unfortunately ,it start raining and also the Beris Lake Grape didn't operate during Hari Raya :(
Capture by iPhone 4

So , will blog about the Beris Lake Vaneyard if I have a chance to Kedah again .

Wat Charok Padang
Kg Padang,08200 Sik, Kedah

Tel: 04-4695016 
Coordination : 5.795914 , 100.711702

And also the 
Beris Lake Vaneyard
Lot 264, Kampung Ternas, Ternas,
Sik 08200, Kedah Darul Aman.
GPS : N05°55.908' E 100°46.262" 














2 comments:

  1. Wow! the glass bottle temple looks interesting! :)
    Really creative builders!~

    www.colorfulexistence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya~~only 3 Thai Templer made in glass bottle in Asia :)

      Delete